Friday, November 1, 2013

Winter Garden

This morning I did some weeding and mulched my bed of greens. I planted this bed about a month late this year. I double dug the bed and pulled a couple of inches of soil from the paths to create a raised bed. I usually don't make raised bed.... I think they dry out to fast in our sandy soil. We will see. I added wood chips to the paths at the advice of a friend that is a permaculture designer. He said this will make the paths hold water and the plants in the bed will put roots over below the path to use the reserve of water. There is also a 2 foot high fence around the bed to keep my little dog out. He could probably jump over, but he hasn't figured that out yet.

  I'm sure this bed will provide greens all winter then come on strong in the spring and I'll be putting lots of greens in the freezer.

Soooo......Until next time.......HAPPY GARDENING!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment