Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Baby Mulberries

About 2 months ago I was helping a friend in his permaculture style garden. As we were finishing, he trimmed a couple of limbs from a dwarf Mulberry tree and let me have them. I thanked him and brought them home, hoping a could get a cutting to root. I LOVE FREE PLANTS! The next day I cut the limbs into smaller cuttings and planted all of them in one pot. Within 2 weeks I noticed new growth and this is how they look now.


 
If you look closely (click on the picture for a larger image), in the center you can see a red fruit already starting to form. I now have 9 baby Mulberry trees that I can plant around my property. The birds may get all the fruit, but maybe some of them will also help with pest control.
 
 
Soooo..... Until next time.....HAPPY GARDENING!

No comments:

Post a Comment