Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Salvaging Lumber

In a previous post I mentioned salvaging lumber from home building sites. This is a scaffold that I built from lumber that I salvaged from a dumpster on one of these sites. I have to do some repairs on the eaves of this building.
 
 
I also have a large pile of 2x4 and 2x6 lumber stored in this building that I have salvaged. It may be enough to build the framing for a chicken coop. The only thing I'll have to buy is the plywood for the sides. I have some metal roofing that came from a shed I tore down.
 
So, if you need material for a project at your home, hit the construction sites. Just be sure you are taking scraps that are being thrown out. Ask someone that is working on the site. You will be helping to keep this stuff from going to a landfill and saving yourself some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment