Sunday, December 8, 2013

Practice What You Preach !!!

In a recent post I encouraged you to pick up bags of leaves on the side of the road. Well ...... yesterday I was leaving my neighborhood and what did I spy?  A large stack of black bags on the side of the road! I stopped and felt the bags to see if I could tell what was inside..... I had struck the MOTHER-LODE!



14 bags of leaves! I call it the Mother- Lode because I'm going to transform this find into BLACK GOLD!  The Gardener's Gold!  These came from in front of a house that had several Sycamore trees in the yard. I had to make two trips to get it all. And there were more leaves that had fell from the trees.....I'll be able to get more soon. All I have to do is wait for the owner to rake them up for me...Hehehe! Now I'm going to hit up some coffee shops for coffee grounds and build a few compost piles. I'll have plenty of compost by summer.

 I just wanted to show you that I do.... Practice What I Preach!:)


Soooo......Until next time......HAPPY GARDENING! (AND COMPOSTING)

2 comments:

  1. "Look Honey, someone is stealing our garbage." "Well I'll be..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One man's trash is another man's treasure! ;)

      Delete