Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

Christmas Eve!   

What a wonderful, happy day! I hope y'all are doing well today.

Have you got all your shopping done?

Don't forget......Lets keep Christ in Christmas! After all, He is the reason for the season!

Now on to a little gardening.....I harvested my first bunch of Turnips today. WOOHOO!

 
They have grown very well. The largest are about 3 inches in diameter. I'll be preparing these for a Christmas feast! They smelled real good as I was cleaning them to prepare for cooking. I like to cook mine with some smoked ham hocks and a little red Pepper flakes. YUM YUM!
 
I've got enough planted for a few more bunches. Hopefully, I can use them all before freezing weather hits us.  I may have to cover them to prevent freeze damage.
 
Do you have a winter garden? If so, let me know what crops you're growing. I hope you are having good success with it.
 
 
Soooo...... Until next time......HAPPY GARDENING and MERRRRRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment