Saturday, December 14, 2013

More on composting

Eliot Coleman and Barbara Damrosch have been gardening gurus for many years. I have learned from their gardening wisdom for over 30 years.

Here is a good video from them on composting and more. Although it has some age to it, true gardening wisdom never becomes out dated.


 
In the video it shows them layering brown and green materials. Recent research has show that mixing the materials is better for faster composting. Also, I find that some of the soil amendments like greensand may not be easy to find in some areas. They may have to be shipped which can get expensive. If you have easy access to these products that is great. But I try to use amendments that I can find locally. Actually, my gardening is slowly changing to using only free resources except for lime, which is pretty much required with our acidic soil.
 
 
 
Soooo......Until next time.......HAPPY GARDENING!

No comments:

Post a Comment