Saturday, January 11, 2014

After the Freeze

Hello folks!


Our freeze wasn't as bad as predicted. The low for the night went only to 28 degrees instead of the predicted 24 degrees. But we still had some freeze damage. All of my greens came through undamaged.


The collards weren't effected at all.



The Turnips wilted down , but are coming back pretty good.



The Bleeding Heart Vine was hit hard.



The Firebush is dead and dropping it's leaves



The Bananas are wilted down.



Part of the Firespike is dead, but the core of the plant is still alive and blooming.



And this Wandering Jew is a goner.



All of these plants will come back from the roots in the spring. Every year when this happens my yard looks pretty dead. Once it happens, I'm ready for spring. I like things to be healthy and growing.

During the 2 days of cold weather, I started getting cabin fever. But I was able to take care of some of the indoor chores I needed take care of.

Fortunately, spring isn't too far away.


Soooo......Until next time......HAPPY GARDENING!




No comments:

Post a Comment