Saturday, May 10, 2014

Summer Breeze.....Makes me feel fine!

Hello folks!


Consider yourself fortunate that you can't hear me singing the title to this post. You might never be able to feel the same about that song. HEHE!

Even though we are technically still in the spring season, summer is in full swing here in northeast Florida. We had a high temperature of 91 degrees this week. We had an unusually long winter here this year, although it was fairly mild. Some of my plants that are usually killed to the ground, survived and are still blooming.

My garden is going full steam ahead. This is how it looks now.



Tomatoes are growing like gang busters!
 This is a Riesentrube Cherry tomato. The Southern Exposure Seed Exchange catalog states that it can have flower clusters that produce 30 - 40 fruits. I think this cluster has at least 40 flower buds, maybe more! It should have 1" fruits.



This is a Matt's Wild Cherry. It should have 1/2" fruits.



Dwarf Marigolds are growing well.



As are the Yard Long Beans...



...and the cucumbers.



The Hill Country Heirloom Red Okra is starting to show its color.



The Cassava has really filled out since it was planted.
 I look forward to trying to use the roots ( if I can learn how to use it ).



This is a variegated Confederate Jasmine that grows by my back porch. It is past full bloom, but still smells wonderful when I come out the back door.



Finally, here are some photos of some more blooming plants around my yard.

Blue Plumbago. So true blue! These were a gift from my mother some years back. 



Cigar plant ( I think).



This is some type of Iris ( not sure of the species ).



 They have bloomed 3 times this spring. I love the blast of white color in my yard!
It really pops!



Oh, I almost forgot.This is the Potatoes I harvested from my compost pile.


I stuck my dirty finger into the photo just to give it some scale. I consider this a perk of composting. I didn't have to plant these! I didn't have to water these! I didn't have to fertilize these! They are a gift from my compost pile!

  COOL!

Now that my plants are finally growing and blooming, I feel peace in my soul. Its a good feeling! But now the real work begins.... weeding, weeding,and more weeding. That's what gardening is all about.... keeping it all looking good!


So...... Until next time...... HAPPY GARDENING!

No comments:

Post a Comment